JALANJALANAJA- Rendang is the most famous Indonesian food. The main ingredient of rendang is beef stewed in coconut milk accompanied by other spices such as garlic, ginger, laos, red chili, turmeric leaves, shallots, lime leaves and also spices such as candlenut, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves to tamarind.
Rendang cuisine is from Minangkabau. Cooking rendang does take a long time, even if you have to be patient, but everything will pay off if we can make rendang with a super taste.
It's not just an hour or two to cook rendang, but it can take up to 4 hours to make the rendang meat seasoning permeate and tender.
Indonesian Rendang Recipe
- 1.5 kg of fresh beef
- 2 old coconuts and coconut milk becomes approximately 2 liters
- 2 lemongrass stalks that have been crushed
- 1 segment kandis acid
- 3 lime leaves
- 2 pieces of turmeric leaves and knotted
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 nutmeg
- Cumin is enough, don't forget to roast it
- 2 slices of roasted ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt or according to each taste
- 150 grams of large red chili mixed with curly chili
- 1 piece of burnt turmeric
- 4 pecans
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 11 cloves of red onion
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 segment of galangal
- seasoning to taste according to taste
- sweet soy sauce
How to Cook Rendang
- Wash the beef that has been prepared, don't forget to cut it in medium size and not too small because it will be boiled for quite a long time.
- Heat the pan and pour the coconut milk into the pan, wait until it boils a little.
- While continuing to stir slowly add lemongrass, tamarind, turmeric leaves and 1 clove of sliced red onion.
- After boiling then add the spices that have been mashed, continue to stir slowly, wait for 30 minutes so that everything is well mixed.
- After that enter the meat that has been cut and while stirring enter the flavoring and sweet soy sauce, reduce the heat so that it doesn't burn.
- Then wait until the meat and spices seep into one and it looks very pervasive in the seasoning, don't forget to keep stirring slowly so that the bottom doesn't burn, taste the taste and if it's not enough, add the spices that don't fit.
- After it is considered cooked enough about 3 or 4 hours, the rendang is cooked and ready to be served.